Senior Designer - Manchester
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent.
We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
It’s like you woke up one day and realised you were less interested in Photoshopping headsets onto stock photography and more interested in helping people understand there are better angles to Photoshop headsets onto stock photography. The brands we work with include Samsung, Amazon, JBL, Porsche, Westfield & KFC to name a few… It’s safe to say there will be very little photoshopping of headsets onto stock photography!
Kairos Group is on the lookout for a Senior Designer who will help nurture and develop our Creative & Content teams to become better than basically every other team out there. We’re looking for passion, flair, pizzaz, creative wizardry, a unicorn some might say… especially our recruitment team. However, if you just so happen to have come across this ad and think you could be the Hermoine Grainger to our Ron Weasley, the Gravy to our KFC Popcorn Chicken or the Streetsweeper to our unpopular gamer (bonus points if you understand the reference), then get in touch.
Here’s what we need, a bit more specifically...
What we’d love you to know:
- Typography to a high level. You’ll know the difference between leading and kerning and recoil in fear if someone finishes a paragraph with a widow.
- Motion Graphics to a good level. You’ll be supporting After Effects projects where necessary so the more you know the better.
- Digital Design, you should be a whizz with Photoshop, have experience with XD, Figma or Sketch and be able to tell us the difference between JPEGs and PNGs.
- Branding - whilst we don’t do massive amounts, we do create campaign identities for some of the biggest brands out there, and as such understanding branding will come in helpful!
Requirements in no particular order:
- Experience managing a design/content team within an agency environment.
- 5+ years experience in that role, but don’t be put off if you’ve got the creds.
- A showreel/portfolio of your work
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Experience in the gaming industry would be a massive bonus.
- Experience in client facing roles - ours don’t bite… most of the time.
- Experience working in Social Media (Influencers, Paid Media, Content, Creative will all form part of your day) is a massive bonus.
- Pension and life assurances
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Free Breakfast on Mondays (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Beers on a Friday
- We close the office over Christmas!