Chief Financial Officer - Manchester
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning social media companies changing the way the next generation discover, consider and buy from brands on social. Our core offerings include creative strategy, talent management, media publishing, esport strategy, content production & design, data & insights and influencer marketing.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our bases in London and Manchester, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago and we’re still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our social creative agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 150M+ views per month and Turopium, a full-service management agency specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
We are looking for an experienced CFO to play a pinnacle role in the continued and exciting growth of Kairos Group. You will form part of our senior leadership team and lead our financial strategy & growth plans to ensure continued success across the Group. You will be experienced in supporting the growth of SME’s ideally with a background in tech, creative or media companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new leadership challenge! Are you up for it?
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership and management of all finances within the scheme of delegation, advising the Co-Founders, Directors and Senior Leadership Team on all financial matters.
- To be responsible and accountable for the delivery of financial processes throughout the organisation, including the management of accounting tools and internal controls.
- Full accountability of the P&L and the finance team including all financial and management reporting.
- To be the primary point of contact for all aspects of funding and financial/statutory returns.
- To be responsible for the statutory accounts, financial returns and reports to statutory bodies in accordance with guidance and externally determined deadlines.
- To lead the promotion and delivery of sound financial management throughout Kairos Group.
- Ensure sound and appropriate financial governance and risk management arrangements are in place, prepare and monitor budgets and ensure the delivery of annual accounts in accordance with all statutory requirements.
- To prepare the annual financial forecasts, medium and long-term plans
- To be the financial lead in the strategic planning process, deliver annual accounts and medium-term budget plans periodically.
- Manage legal, tax and audit compliance across the business.
- Assist building a pipeline of investment opportunities.
- Oversee budgeting process and target setting for quarterly and yearly revenues, margins and EBITDA
- Raising investment / funds / debt to support business growth
- Pitching to boards of directors, shareholders, banks, fund managers and investors on behalf of the company
- Oversee the financial planning around M&A
- 5-10 years of experience working within a finance role.
- You have previous experience working at CFO or Finance Director level.
- You are a qualified accountant, ideally ACA/CIMA/ACCA.
- You have expert management skills and can support the development and growth of your team.
- You are a skilled multi-tasker with the ability to balance multiple projects and quickly change priorities and deadlines.
- You know when to delegate tasks, and possess the written and verbal communication skills required to do so successfully.
- You have the ability to cut through the noise, and provide sound and strategic financial advice across the business.
- Experience in overseeing M&As is desirable
- Experience working at a public company is desirable.
- Pension and life assurances
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Free Breakfast on Mondays (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Beers on a Friday
- We close the office over Christmas!
- Unlimited Wellbeing Days