Mid-weight Graphic Designer - London
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
Kairos Group is on the lookout for a budding Graphic Designer who will produce a wide variety of assets from social posts, branding, pitch deck design and much much more to bring our creative executions to life, showcasing Kairos as a key player in the creative landscape. You will be required to develop visually engaging and technically accurate graphic materials to specification, as well as providing accurate development of production artwork and the timely provision of artwork files to meet production deadlines. You will assist in working to keep consistency across all branded projects across the group.
No day will be the same, one day you may be creating GIFs for social media, the next you’ll be helping bring our activations to life with branded concepts and producing reports for clients. The key is attention to detail.
Here’s what we need, a bit more specifically...
Your key responsibilities:
- Work across the marketing, creative strategy and campaigns team to deliver creative assets
- Support with producing social media assets for Kairos-led initiatives
- Push the boundaries of creative executions within the business by showcasing the industry standards
- Produce brand mockups for both internal and external initiatives
- Work across a full range of design disciplines, and constantly push the creative boundaries within the agency. We don’t need you to be an expert in all the software but you will need to be able to spot technical challenges with each of these areas and help develop solutions which combat them...Motion, UI/UX, Branding, Digital Design,
Content...(the list will change based on what we need no doubt…)
- Support our internal marketing team with materials required for Kairos Group activations.
- Support sales initiatives. The focus of this role won’t stop at the iMac, we’ll expect you to be constantly thinking of ways we can improve our service offering, and get in front of more clients. The growth of our design function will be a collaborative piece.
- Live and breathe the Kairos values, We Champion, We Challenge, We EMBRACE the Chaos… All self explanatory really. We evolve here somewhere now right?
What we’d love you to know:
- Typography to a high level. You’ll know the difference between leading and kerning and recoil in fear if someone finishes a paragraph with a widow.
- Be a Graphic Design guru, a wizard in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Branding - We create campaign identities for some of the biggest brands out there, and as such understanding branding will come in helpful!
- A good level of understanding of Google Slides and PowerPoint (we try not to use them too much but sometimes we need too) Passion and enthusiasm for design, especially typography
- A flexible approach when working in a team
- Excellent communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs
- Good presentation skills
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Motion Graphics to a good level would be ideal. From time to time, you could be required to support After Effects projects where necessary so the more you know the better.
- Digital Design, you should be a whizz with Photoshop, but also have some experience with XD, Figma or Sketch.
- A showreel/portfolio of your work
- 3-4 Years of experience in a design role, preferably in agency
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Experience in the gaming industry would be a massive bonus. But not essential.
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays