Creative & Copywriter - New York
We’re Kairos Media, a global award-winning, social-first creative agency headquartered in London with offices across the United States and Europe. Founded in 2015 by Forbes Under 30 winners Mike Craddock and Chris Parnell, Kairos Media works with some of the world's biggest brands, including King, JBL Quantum, Samsung Odyssey, Rovio and Pizza Hut. The agency is part of Kairos Group, the global gaming media company with a vision to become the go-to media group connecting businesses to gamers, chosen for its agency services, intellectual property and expertise within the creator economy.
Kairos Media works with US teams for some of the biggest brands to implement strategies that help them speak to gamers. We’ve experienced rapid growth since inception and are in the process of scaling up our operations with a focus on the East Coast. Our dedicated New York location aims to further grow our North American operations and continue to deliver best-in-class service to US-based clients.
In addition to providing world-class service to some of the world’s biggest brand names, we’ve also taken the time to create a work culture that really resonates with our team. Our bespoke benefits are based directly on employee feedback (think healthcare, therapy resources, and awesome vacation packages we actually want you to use).
But enough about us, let’s talk about you…
Do you enjoy creating compelling copy? Do you come from an agency background, working on new big ideas? Are you a brand storyteller with a social mindset? Do you have a knowledge and passion for the gaming industry?
If so, this could be the role for you! We are looking for a Creative Copywriter to join our Creative Services team. The role will report into the Group Creative Lead and is offered on a full time permanent contract in London (Hybrid).
As the Creative Copywriter, you will shape and define the message that sets the tone for big brand moments, using concepting, creative storytelling and impactful copy to evolve the way we connect brands to their audiences across all campaigns and touch points including digital, print, video, social media, email, CRM and other digital channels.
- Write clear, attractive copy.
- Engage with different audiences across different platforms.
- Keeping an eye on industry trends, predominantly gaming and esports, to create engaging reactive content that will get people talking.
- Conceptual ideation, copywriting for mass advertising campaigns for a variety of brands.
- Write copy for many types of assets, from video to ads, social sites, events, and more.
- Get to know our customers and base your decision making on what you learned from them.
- Use data to verify your decisions and further improve the impact of your copy work.
- Use a creative and strategic approach to craft inspirational storytelling and produce clear, impactful and engaging copy that brings to life a creative vision.
- Deliver creative messaging that define large-scale campaigns through research, big picture thinking and competitor research.
- Work dynamically to adapt your thinking across different channels and areas of the business—whether it be Group focused, marketing or strictly Kairos Media messaging.
- Working closely with the creative services and strategy teams, you will focus on building a deep understanding of the brands we work with (Samsung, LG, JBL, KFC, Pizza Hut, Coke Cola…the list goes on!) and our creative direction, to concept and execute campaign messaging that speaks to each individual audience and or demographic we aim to target.
- Work with the group marketing team on development of ideas and delivering creative messaging campaigns, videos, marketing collateral, social media posts, LinkedIn in line with their briefs.
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Experience running social media handles and know what type of copy and content works best across LinkedIn and other social channels.
- Ability to write punchy, cutty and sometimes borderline controversial copy.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation.
- Be able to hold a conversation about our industry, particularly in gaming and esports.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Creativity (obviously)
- Stellar research skills to make sure we are talking about the right things to the right people
- Collaborative spirit - it’s cringe but we are one big family
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field is desirable
- Competitive salary and bonus compensation
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401K with 4% company match
- 25 days PTO annually
- 13 company holidays annually
- Flexible work hours
- Remote / hybrid work
- Monthly spending allowance
- Basic Life Insurance