Junior Social Video Editor - Manchester
Driving success for Brands and Creators on social media. Kyma Media connects tens of millions of people through their passions across social media, every single day. Our social-native team have spent years building the most-engaged audiences online and we bring this expertise to brands and creators we work with.
If you live and breathe social media, this role could be right for you. Growing at an exceptional pace, the opportunities at Kyma are endless.
Kyma is housed under the Kairos Group umbrella, along with our social creative agency Kairos Media and Turopium, a full-service management agency specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
Join our world-class Social Video team. Editing videos for the biggest YouTube, TikTok and Twitch stars in the world. Our social video team members drive tens of millions of video views every single day across every platform.
You will be responsible for creating fast-paced social videos and transforming long-form content into three-minute social edits that are guaranteed to blow up on social! Working in a team alongside other editors, social media managers and creator success experts, every day will be different!
- 1 years minimum in a social video editing role
- A passion for social media and a strong understanding of the link between why things spread on social and psychology
- Comprehensive understanding of video editing softwares including the adobe suite
- Mid-level animation skills, including keyframing and subtitling
- Comprehensive knowledge of the google suite, including Slides, Docs and Sheets
- Previous experience working with creators/influencers
- Experience in a similar role
- Creator landscape knowledge
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Edit content that lives on YouTube, TikTok or twitch into videos that can perform well on Facebook & Snapchat
- Keep up to date on platform algorithms and apply any necessary iterations to your videos
- Work across several different channels; building different narratives in your videos to keep specific audiences retained
- Keep a consistent level of output whilst ensuring quality never falters
- Lead by example and maintain the standard within the team
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays