Account Director (Marketing / Gaming) - London
You will oversee and be accountable for the delivery of multiple digital first (influencer, social and esports focus) marketing strategies for leading global mainstream brand strategies within the video gaming sector. You will manage all aspects of the project and it’s P&L, working with various team members across different disciplines. You will deliver market leading executions in an industry leading company.
The Account Director is responsible for the full client P&L, upselling, overall client satisfaction, strategy, and program delivery for assigned accounts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full P&L responsibility of six / seven figure marketing budgets for client brand activations within the video gaming sector
- Ensure commercial growth and upselling targets are met across the account(s)
- Responsible for full strategy for accounts, with expectation of leading significant creative and marketing innovation
- Lead client relationship, with support of an Account Manager
- Lead the entire project team from planning to execution
- Set client program objectives and project timelines as part of the start-up process
- Manage team to ensure all responsible parties for on-time, on-budget deliverables
- Manage client requirements to account teams, social teams, influencer teams, paid teams and any other relevant stakeholders
- Managing relationships with potential partners, with support of an Account Manager
- Manage client review sessions, internal and external start-up meetings
- Oversee all the activities for a given account to ensure client expectations are met
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve client metrics and increase scope of project
- Advise best practices for digital marketing strategies to drive client goals/metrics
- Analyse the effectiveness of client programs, and recommend improvements or additional services as appropriate.
- Oversee client billing and forecasting
- Analyse and report P/L, client by client, and aggregated
- Line management of Account Manager (s)
- Responsible for full projects on a day to day basis
- A clear and demonstrable passion for video gaming (non-negotiable)
- Ability to lead innovation & creativity (with support of internal creative / strategy teams)
- Clear experience of running/overseeing marketing projects within the video gaming space of a similar scope
- Influencer marketing experience
- Experience of leading the client relationship across large projects or campaigns
- Experience of upselling with clear examples
- 3+ years of running digital first projects
- Ideally 3+ years of similar experience (Senior Account Manager / Account Director, Marketing Manager / Director, Project Manager, Gaming / Esport Lead etc.)
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Experience in wider marketing, specifically working within social, esports or with influencers would be extremely beneficial.
- Extreme attention to detail
- You want to take your brands (clients) to the very top and will constantly be suggesting new ways to do so
- Proactive, take-charge attitude
- Demonstrated capacity for independent initiative
- Ability to be completely autonomous where required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Proficiency in Google suite and project management tools tools
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
- Marketing, consulting, or client services industry experience a plus
- Pension and life assurances
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Free Breakfast on Mondays (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Beers on a Friday
- We close the office over Christmas!