Creative Copywriter - London
Hello to you from Kairos Group — a collection of award-winning creative agencies and studios.
Kairos Media, our premier flagship creative agency, is growing, diversifying, and making waves in the creative space. In short, we’re having a moment.
Our core offering, and why we’re so popular with clients and candidates, is our specialism in new forms of advertising. This paired with our abilities in 360-campaigns, social media, PR stunts, influencer marketing, TV ads, experiential events, and out-of-home campaigns is why we’re one of the largest in the space.
Being at the vanguard of social-first campaigns has carved us a beautiful Kairos-shaped wedge in the ever-growing space. We are no longer operating in a niche—now we’re competing with the traditional agencies—who still struggle to navigate a space we’re experts in.
Operating out of our London HQ, with offices in Manchester and New York, we’ve built Kairos Group into a globally influential group of agencies and studios. With clients such as KFC, Pizza Hut, JBL, Angry Birds, Coca-Cola, Pringles, Revolut, Porsche, Epic Games and so much more, we’re the place for ambitious thinkers, creators, makers, and doers.
Do you enjoy creating compelling copy? Do you come from an agency background, working on new big ideas? Are you a brand storyteller with a social mindset? Do you have a knowledge and passion for the gaming industry?
If so, this could be the role for you! We are looking for a Creative Copywriter to join our Creative Services team. The role will report into the Group Creative Lead and is offered on a full time permanent contract in London (Hybrid).
As the Creative Copywriter, you will shape and define the message that sets the tone for big brand moments, using concepting, creative storytelling and impactful copy to evolve the way we connect brands to their audiences across all campaigns and touch points including digital, print, video, social media, email, CRM and other digital channels.
- Write clear, attractive copy.
- Engage with different audiences across different platforms.
- Keeping an eye on industry trends, predominantly gaming and esports, to create engaging reactive content that will get people talking.
- Conceptual ideation, copywriting for mass advertising campaigns for a variety of brands.
- Write copy for many types of assets, from video to ads, social sites, events, and more.
- Get to know our customers and base your decision making on what you learned from them.
- Use data to verify your decisions and further improve the impact of your copy work.
- Use a creative and strategic approach to craft inspirational storytelling and produce clear, impactful and engaging copy that brings to life a creative vision.
- Deliver creative messaging that define large-scale campaigns through research, big picture thinking and competitor research.
- Work dynamically to adapt your thinking across different channels and areas of the business—whether it be Group focused, marketing or strictly Kairos Media messaging.
- Working closely with the creative services and strategy teams, you will focus on building a deep understanding of the brands we work with (Samsung, LG, JBL, KFC, Pizza Hut, Coke Cola…the list goes on!) and our creative direction, to concept and execute campaign messaging that speaks to each individual audience and or demographic we aim to target.
- Work with the group marketing team on development of ideas and delivering creative messaging campaigns, videos, marketing collateral, social media posts, LinkedIn in line with their briefs.
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Experience running social media handles and know what type of copy and content works best across LinkedIn and other social channels.
- Ability to write punchy, cutty and sometimes borderline controversial copy.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation.
- Be able to hold a conversation about our industry, particularly in gaming and esports.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Creativity (obviously)
- Stellar research skills to make sure we are talking about the right things to the right people
- Collaborative spirit - it’s cringe but we are one big family
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field is desirable
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it’s on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counseling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don’t have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays