Social Media Executive - Manchester
We are Kairos Media, one of the fastest growing social creative agencies in the UK and you better believe we’ve bagged the awards to prove it. Founded by our ‘30 under 30 co-founders’, we’re now a team of over 70 people across London, Manchester and Los Angeles and we’re growing rapidly.
Kairos Media prides itself on being a 360 agency that delivers creative strategy and execution for brands with a “science meets art”, no bullshit approach. We’re specialists in influencer marketing, paid social and content production and there’s absolutely no egos here. We champion our team of experts to get the job done and we’ll challenge you to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
We’ve worked with huge clients on a global scale including KFC, Logitech, Heinz, Pizza Hut and boohooMAN so it’s fair to say that we know our stuff. Things can get chaotic at times and our team embraces that - it makes that Friday feeling even sweeter.
Kairos Media is housed under the Kairos Group umbrella, along with our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 150M+ views per month and Turopium, a full-service management agency specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
We are looking for a Social Media Executive with a passion for both gaming and social media to join our team. You will be tasked with working across our various different clients across the gaming social media landscape, so having a great understanding and passion for gaming is a must in this role. As a Social Media Executive you will be responsible for creating content fit for social media, contributing to campaign/activation creation and execution, and delivering industry leading social creative work.
Working as part of a small team within the wider Social Team, you will be responsible for the content output and community management of a prestigious brand’s channels. You will be expected to think of and bring to life new ideas to increase reach, engagement, and grow the following organically.
We need someone that lives and breathes mainstream gaming titles (a necessity, but wider gaming knowledge in more niche genres also incredibly important) while regularly keeping up with social and ANY happenings in the gaming/esports space.
● Ideating and creating content fit for social media in Adobe Photoshop
● Take ownership of multiple content calendars across multiple social channels, create content for these ahead of time for internal and then external approval
● Daily reactive content where applicable, being on the cutting edge of any gaming or esports news
● Plan and execute full event coverage for any specified events (that may take place on weekends)
● In-keeping with the tone of voice of the account and brand, execute ‘always on’ interaction with the community and audience/professional players and influencers
● Input on, take ownership and execute social led creative campaigns to increase engagement and following on the channel
● Help to produce client facing periodical reports to outline performance on social and to ensure we’re hitting targets.
● 1 year or more experience of planning and creating entertaining and engaging social media content.
● Ability to write punchy, cutting and sometimes borderline controversial copy.
● Natural born memer – examples will be required here.
● Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and produce both quick comebacks for audience engagement and stand alone copy when executing event coverage.
● Ability to understand analytics data from Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
● Flexible to work outside standard working hours when required - evenings and weekend coverage for esports events, game launches or similar.
● An extreme passion and understanding in gaming and esports - you should be able to hold a conversation about multiple titles at the highest level, whether esports or gaming.
- Pension and life assurances
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Free Breakfast on Mondays (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Beers on a Friday
- We close the office over Christmas!