Senior Graphic Designer - London
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent.
We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
Kairos Media is on the lookout for a Senior Graphic Designer to support with our continuous growth in the design world. Working with clients like Samsung, LG, Cetaphil, Revolut and Warner Bros to name a few, as Senior Graphic Designer you'll be responsible for creating beautiful design that considers our varying client requests.
As we go through the next phase of our business transformation our Creative Services team will expand rapidly with the creation of a new Delivery Team alongside a Creative, Content & Design team. We're making a big commitment to our creative output and as a Senior Graphic Designer you will help steady the ship as we navigate these exciting times.
A lot of our day-to-day involves creative asset production for digital platforms and paid media, however as we grow we are starting to work with more brands on a diverse range of services, from motion and animated ads, to web design and branding packs for new products.
Your key responsibilities:
- Inspire our wider design team by providing insight into your creative decisions. This role wont be bogged down in direct management duties, instead you'll be given freedom to be creative and educate through your creative process and output.
- Work with our delivery team to establish timelines for projects, ensuring you have enough time to deliver work you'd be proud to put in your portfolio.
- Constantly level up our creative output by working with our Creative & Production teams to ensure your standards translate across the wider creative output.
- Review and feedback on creative output from the junior and mid-levels of the business. Provide clear guidance and opportunities to learn at every opportunity. We want you to be hands-on and constantly learning, guiding and practicing.
- A small part of the role will involve working with our New Business Team to act as guidance for proposal design for our future partner brands. Know what a fantastic story looks like when it's brought to life and help realise that vision to keep our potential clients mesmerised by our work.
- Work across a full range of design disciplines, and constantly push the creative boundaries within the agency. We don’t need you to be an expert in all the software but you will need to be able to spot technical challenges with each of these areas and help develop solutions which combat them...Motion, UI/UX, Branding, Digital Design, Content...
- Live and breathe the Kairos values, We Champion, We Connect, We Evolve… All self explanatory really.
Here’s what we need, a bit more specifically...
What we’d love you to know:
- Typography to a high level. You’ll know the difference between leading and kerning and recoil in fear if someone finishes a paragraph with a widow.
- Be a Graphic Design guru, a wizard in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Key updates in the design industry, whatever the inspiration, anything that we should know about you should be first to talk about.
- Motion Graphics to a good level. From time to time. you’ll be required to support After Effects projects where necessary so the more you know the better.
- Digital Design, you should be a whizz with Photoshop, have experience with XD, Figma or Sketch as web design will become more of a feature of this role as the team grows.
Requirements in no particular order:
- 5+ years experience in that role, but don’t be put off if you’ve got the creds.
- A showreel/portfolio of your work
- Advanced skills in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.Excellent written and verbal English
- Experience in the gaming industry would be a massive bonus. But not essential.
- Experience working in Social Media (Influencers, Paid Media, Content, Creative will all form part of your day) is a massive bonus.
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays