Senior Creative - London
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent.
We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
It’s like you woke up one day and realised you were less interested in Photoshopping headsets onto stock photography and more interested in helping people understand there are better angles to Photoshop headsets onto stock photography. The brands we work with include Samsung, Amazon, JBL, Porsche, Westfield & KFC to name a few… It’s safe to say there will be very little photoshopping of headsets onto stock photography!
Kairos Group is on the lookout for a Senior Designer who will help nurture and develop our Creative team to become better than basically every other team out there. We’re looking for passion, flair, pizzaz, creative wizardry, a unicorn some might say… especially our recruitment team. However, if you just so happen to have come across this ad and think you could be the Hermoine Grainger to our Ron Weasley, the Gravy to our KFC Popcorn Chicken or the Streetsweeper to our unpopular gamer (bonus points if you understand the reference), then get in touch.
Your key responsibilities
● Manage our design wing of our creative team, helping to nurture and develop their talent in a way that leaves them buzzing to come to work each day.
● Take responsibility for the delivery of our work, ensuring that clients are given realistic deadlines, projects are managed (with the support of our projects team) and work goes out the door with a smile on our faces every time.
● Be an ambassador for Kairos with our clients. Host client calls & workshops, unpick briefs, challenge them and then deliver work that leaves us all in awe.
● Work across a full range of design disciplines, and constantly push the creative boundaries within the agency. We don’t need you to be an expert in all the software but you will need to be able to spot technical challenges with each of these areas and help develop solutions which combat them...Motion, UI/UX, Branding, Digital Design, Content...(the list will change based on what we need no doubt…)
● Support our internal marketing team with materials required for Kairos Group activations.
● Support sales initiatives. The focus of this role won’t stop at the iMac, we’ll expect you to be constantly thinking of ways we can improve our service offering, and get in front of more clients. The growth of our design function will be a collaborative piece.
● Live and breathe the Kairos values, We Champion, We Challenge, We Evolve… All self explanatory really.
Here’s what we need, a bit more specifically...
What we’d love you to know:
● Typography to a high level. You’ll know the difference between leading and kerning and recoil in fear if someone finishes a paragraph with a widow.
● Be a Graphic Design guru, a wizard in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
● Motion Graphics to a good level. From time to time. you’ll be required to support After Effects projects where necessary so the more you know the better.
● Digital Design, you should be a whizz with Photoshop, have experience with XD, Figma or Sketch.
● Branding - We create campaign identities for some of the biggest brands out there, and as such understanding branding will come in helpful!
Requirements in no particular order:
● Experience managing a design team within an agency environment.
● 5+ years experience in that role, but don’t be put off if you’ve got the creds.
● A showreel/portfolio of your work
● Advanced skills in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.Excellent written and verbal English
● Experience in the gaming industry would be a massive bonus. But not essential.
● Experience in client facing roles - ours don’t bite… most of the time.
● Experience working in Social Media (Influencers, Paid Media, Content, Creative will all form part of your day) is a massive bonus.
● Experience working with Frame.io
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays