Senior Creative - Manchester
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
With our immense expansion into design and creative content, we’re looking for a Senior Creative to come lead our design and content teams as we grow to become an industry leader in the space. Working across gaming, tech and FMCG brands, it’s imperative that your portfolio of work shows a deep understanding of these sectors as well as the social media landscape in general.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams of designers and content producers, leading creative for global clients and holding responsibility for the commercial success of the team. You will be driven by the success of your team, whether that is from the work that you produce or the growth of your team.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage our creative & content teams, helping to nurture and develop their talent in a way that leaves them buzzing to come to work each day.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of our work, ensuring that clients are given realistic deadlines, projects are managed (with the support of our projects team) and work goes out the door with a smile on our faces every time.
- Be an ambassador for Kairos with our clients. Host client calls & workshops, unpick briefs, challenge them and then deliver work that leaves us all in awe.
- Work across a full range of design disciplines, and constantly push the creative boundaries within the agency. We don’t need you to be an expert in all the software but you will need to be able to spot technical challenges with each of these areas and help develop solutions which combat them...Motion, UI/UX, Branding, Digital Design, Content...(the list will change based on what we need no doubt…)
- Support our internal marketing team with materials required for Kairos Group activations.
- Support sales initiatives. The focus of this role won’t stop at the imac, we’ll expect you to be constantly thinking of ways we can improve our service offering, and get in front of more clients. The growth of our design function will be a collaborative piece.
- Live and breath the Kairos values, We Champion, We Challenge, We EMBRACE the Chaos… All self explanatory really.
What we’d love you to know:
- Typography to a high level. You’ll know the difference between leading and kerning and recoil in fear if someone finishes a paragraph with a widow.
- Content production to a good level, you don’t need to know how to operate a camera but it helps if you can tell the difference between lighting setups and be able to direct shoots.
- Digital Design, you should be a whizz with Photoshop, have experience with XD, Figma or Sketch and be able to tell us the difference between JPEGs and PNGs.
- Branding - whilst we don’t do massive amounts, we do create campaign identities for some of the biggest brands out there, and as such understanding branding will come in helpful!
- Experience managing a design/content team within an agency environment.
- 7+ years experience in that role, but don’t be put off if you’ve got the creds.
- A showreel/portfolio of your work
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Experience in the gaming industry would be a massive bonus.
- Experience in client facing roles - ours don’t bite… most of the time.
- Experience working in Social Media (Influencers, Paid Media, Content, Creative will all form part of your day) is a massive bonus.
- Pension and life assurances
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Free Breakfast on Mondays (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Beers on a Friday
- We close the office over Christmas!
- Unlimited wellbeing days