Junior Social Video Editor - Manchester
We are Kyma Media, one of the largest media owners in the gaming and sports Instagram media space. With a portfolio of over 80 Instagram pages, we work with global brands to increase social media exposure and create conversations.
Launched in 2019, our content reaches over 150M+ views every single month and that’s something we intend to keep growing. We’re an ambitious bunch and we’ve got big plans for the future, so we need to expand our team of social media experts to make those plans become a reality.
Kyma Media is housed under the Kairos Group umbrella, along with our social creative agency Kairos Media and Turopium, a full-service management agency specialising in taking a market-leading approach to working with talent.
Are you passionate about social media and social creators? Do you want the opportunity to build a first-in-class social team? Then this might be the role for you. Kyma are looking for an amazing social video editor to work within our Syndication department. You will be tasked with editing content across numerous social media platforms for some of the biggest creators in the world.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Edit videos for use on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat
- Repurpose pre-existing content from other platforms, adding social-first components such as subtitles, meme bars, and small animations
- Keep an ear to the ground across social media to assess what videos work well and why - then apply this to your own edits
- The ability to work efficiently, producing several videos per day
- A passion for social media and a strong understanding of the link between why things spread on social and psychology
- Comprehensive understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro
- A strong portfolio of video editing work
- Experience with editing videos for social media platforms such as Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, and Twitter
- Good communication skills
- 20 Days Holiday per year plus a mandatory 10 day block holiday.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays