Mid-weight Digital Designer
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
Ever think to yourself “I was but a learner, but now I am the master”? Do you find yourself wanting to build an entire fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers which will ravage the galaxy and leave anyone who stands in your way as a pile of ash on the floor.
Disclaimer: If you’re not a Star Wars fan, references throughout this Job Description will be wasted on you. Do not let this put you off from applying if you feel like you could be the Han to our Leia.
We’re looking for a Mid-weight Designer with experience working across Digital Design and Motion Graphics. You’ll report directly to our Creative Director, Ross, and be responsible for the conception of creative ideas that will leave you screaming UNLIMITED POWER at the end of each day. As Digital Designer you’ll work with a multitude of clients from KFC to Samsung delivering everything from web design to social campaign assets. No day will be the same, and that being said, Motion Graphics will also form a large part of the job role so it is pivotal that you are able to work across After Effects to a good level.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage our Padawans (Junior Designers… no? I’ll stop now) - we’re a small team at the moment, but growing quickly. Part of this will require you to plan and carry out training sessions, keep the team creatively motivated and report on the success and challenges you face.
- Deliver work against deadlines in response to client briefs. Be comfortable speaking directly with clients to understand their brief, and in some instances collaborate with them to come to a necessary conclusion.
- Work across a full range of design disciplines, and constantly push the creative boundaries within the agency. Motion, UI/UX, Branding, Digital (the list will change based on what we need no doubt…)
- Support our internal marketing team with materials required for Kairos Group activations.
- Support sales initiatives. The focus of this role won’t stop at the iMac, we’ll expect you to be constantly thinking of ways we can improve our service offering, and get in front of more clients. The growth of our design function will be a collaborative piece.
What we’d love you to know:
- Typography to a high level. You’ll know the difference between leading and kerning and recoil in fear if someone finishes a paragraph with a widow.
- Motion Graphics to a good level. You’ll be supporting After Effects projects where necessary so the more you know the better.
- Digital Design, you should be a whizz with Photoshop, have experience with XD, Figma or Sketch and be able to tell us the difference between JPEGs and PNGs.
- Branding - if you’ve got experience in it then please call it out in your portfolio.
- Requirements in no particular order:
- Degree in Graphic Design or similar relevant subject.
- Ideally 3-4 years experience in a creative agency role, but don’t be put off if you’ve got the creds.
- A showreel/portfolio of your work
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Experience in client facing roles - ours don’t bite… sometimes.
- Experience working in Social Media (Influencers, Paid Media, Content, Creative will all form part of your day).
- Don’t be a Jar Jar… No one likes him.
- When you apply, ensure you have “Mid-weight Designer Seeks Galaxy Takeover” in your subject line, we like to know people pay attention to the detail!
- Pension and life assurances
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Free Breakfast on Mondays (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Birthday day off - and we always provide cake...
- Beers on a Friday
- We close the office over Christmas!