Senior Legal Counsel - London
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning social media companies changing the way the next generation discover, consider and buy from brands on social. Our core offerings include creative strategy, talent management, media publishing, esport strategy, content production & design, data & insights and influencer marketing.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our bases in London and Manchester, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago and we’re still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our social creative agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency,
Kyma, whose content generates 150M+ views per month and Turopium, a full-service management agency specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent.
We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel, to lead the Legal function across a group of exciting and growing social and gaming media businesses. You will be the first internal Legal hire, and will own the Legal processes and governance function, protecting the business interests whilst also enabling growth organically and through M&A. This is an exciting role with significant personal growth potential over the coming years, in line with the company's existing plans.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management and wider teams
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Manage external relationships
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from direct and indirect teams
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Proven senior legal experience in business environments, ideally media or tech related.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate/contract law, employment law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- Hands-on with legal drafting and review
- Exposure to M&A, due diligence processes and completion agreements.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- 5 years + PQE
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays