Influencer Director - KM24002SIM
Who we are
We are Kairos, an award-winning team of over 100 social natives, with offices across London, Manchester and New York.
Founded by our Forbes 30 under 30 co-founders we are specialists in digital marketing, experts in social media and gamers at heart, but that hasn’t stopped us from working with the biggest non-gaming brands in the world helping them to reach their audiences in creative and innovative ways, powered by social media.
Samsung, PepsiCo, Cetaphil, Epic Games, Activision, JBL, Pizza Hut: these are just some of the brands we work with daily and we need creative, strategic, data-led individuals to help shape award-winning campaigns that keep them coming back for more!
Kairos EMEA operate a hybrid culture in our London and Manchester offices, as we understand the value of both home and in-office working. We expect office attendance least 2 days per work to allow for effective teamwork and collaboration with your peers. We are open to this role being Manchester or London based.
As Influencer Director, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the running of our influencer team as well as being responsible for all influencer projects within the agency. Our high-performing influencer team is an integral cog in our agency offering, so mentorship and leadership will naturally be a core focus for this role. You will report into our Managing Partner and be encouraged to challenge the business unit on how it runs; suggesting and implementing changes that will have a direct impact on revenue, profitability, creativity and innovation.
It will be your responsibility to improve operational efficiency within the influencer department; ensuring our projects run smoothly whilst working closely with the wider team to manage high-level client comms and promoting effective cross-team ways of working.
Influencer Campaign & Project Management
- Oversee campaign execution whilst relying on Influencers Managers to hold accountability of the day-to-day processes and execution
- Contribute and help to lead on client pitches; overseeing influencer strategy and selection,ensuring we’re showcased as market leaders
- Act as a senior strategic point of contact and escalation for clients
- Work seamlessly with other departments throughout the business to deliver best-in-class campaign delivery for our clients
- Build and manage processes that aid the influencer teams’ operational efficiency
- Work with the operations team to manage resourcing and ensure team members have significant capacity
- Leading a team of highly ambitious influencer managers and execs and ensuring we’re getting the very best out of all individuals
- Acting as a support figure and mentor
- Ensure each team member has clear KPIs, alongside a career development path. Place responsibility on your managers to do this for their teams; supporting them in doing so
- Lead with empathy and compassion; be someone who your team feel they can come to with issues in and out of work
- Champion your team within the business; celebrating great work
Wider senior responsibilities
- Support wider business decisions; attend senior meetings to contribute to the success of the wider business
- Ensure significant & regular innovation upon influencer activity. Fail, learn and iterate
- Hold yourself as a senior member within the business, regularly contributing in slack channels, on scrums and leading meetings
- A clear and demonstrable passion for influencer marketing and the social-first marketing landscape
- 8+ years professional marketing experience, creative or social-first marketing agency experience would be desirable
- Significant specific experience within the influencer marketing space
- Clear and demonstrable experience with team leadership
- Experience leading influencer marketing campaigns with significant budgets
- Live and breathe the community & content creator world: through TikTok, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and any other social media platforms where influencers produce content
- Ability to multi-task and successfully work under pressure
- Excellent communication with the ability to build a rapport with clients
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Ben Allowance - Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Lifeworks giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Access to Vitality healthcare for health insurance support
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days!
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays
So, planning on being an Influencer Director? Here’s the plan
Our process focuses on assessing a variety of skill sets and helps you and us to understand if the right decision is made on both sides. When we bring someone into the team we want to work with them for years, so the interview process is particularly important to us.
Stage One (30 mins) with Talent Acquisition.
Let’s get to know each other.
An informal chat with TA, firstly giving you the opportunity to ask questions about the role and find out more about the business, then we’ll ask you three or more questions.
- Why do you want to work for Kairos?
- Why do you think you’re right for this role?
- What was your biggest challenge and biggest success in your previous role?
Stage Two (30 minutes - Virtual) (Hiring Manager)
Let’s get serious for a second.
An interview in front of one or sometimes two Kairos teammates. This stage will focus on your skillset, and ability to deliver the work and we’ll ask questions about your specific experience aligned to the role. Some example questions you may be asked are:
- Thinking about a time when you had a challenging perspective from a client that countered what your data/insights were suggesting, how were you able to address this to achieve a meaningful outcome?
- When it comes to team management, what do you feel is the most important factor when motivating and engaging a team of strategists?
- Tell us about a project that you’ve worked on, what was the brief, what was the process, and what was the outcome?
Stage Three (One hour - face-to-face is ideal, this is a hybrid role)
The Big One - Depending on the role and level.
A task and presentation in front of all three people from Stage One & Two. We use this task to understand core competencies:
- Ability to pitch and your professional communication style.
- Ability to create pitch decks / communicate your ideas visually.
- Understanding of your creative ability, we’ll provide you with a cool brief don’t worry.
If you’re not successful at this stage we’ll commit to providing full detailed feedback, explaining why we’ve moved forward with someone else.