Associate Strategy Director - Gaming & Tech - ASD/KM/USA/1
We are Kairos, an award-winning team of over 100, and with a newly launched office in New York we’re looking for aspiring social natives to help take the Kairos brand to new heights!
Founded by our ‘30 under 30 co-founders’, we now operate globally with headquarters in London, England and a second studio in Manchester, Kairos is now expanding its physical presence into the US. We are specialists in digital marketing, experts in social media and gamers at heart, but that hasn’t stopped us from working with the biggest non-gaming brands in the world helping them to reach their audiences digitally.
Samsung, Porsche, JBL, Pizza Hut, Cetaphil, these are just some of the brands we work with daily and we need creative, strategic, data-led individuals to help shape award-winning campaigns that keep them coming back for more!
Want to join the team, here are our three non-negotiables.
- Input - Join in, take part, be heard and contribute, team members looking for an easy ride won’t succeed here.
- Output - Focus on quality, if you’re not happy with what we’re creating then stop and ask why. Everything we create should be good enough for your portfolio.
- Together - Most importantly, do it together! Not feeling it, that’s okay we’re one team and support each other every step of the way. No egos. No judgment.
What’s it like in the New York office?
- Startup culture in a larger agency group. Our New York office will be the starting point for Kairos in the US. We’ll be a startup business with the backing of a well-established agency in the UK, giving us the best of both worlds.
- Hybrid culture - As a start-up in the US we know the importance of face time regularly. We equally understand the importance of flexibility. Our US team will be required in the office 3 days a week minimum.
- We’re located on Broadway, so right in the hustle and bustle.
Kairos is looking for an Associate Strategy Director to join the team. This role plays an important part in the day-to-day in the Kairos New York office, working with tier-one clients on their GTM strategy. The key things you’ll be doing each day:
- Working with Tier One clients, in the gaming and technology space, to develop end-to-end strategic frameworks which consider multiple consumer touchpoints including, social, influencers, paid and OOH.
- Rationalizing those frameworks directly to our clients and senior stakeholders internally (where applicable), sometimes in pitch format, sometimes during weekly calls.
- Dissecting data and insights to understand the motives behind consumer decision-making.
- Provide benchmarking to clients as part of our decision-making, to ensure projects are directly measurable.
- Take part in new business proposals, helping to position Kairos as a market leader.
- Hosting strategy workshops with Kairos teams and Kairos clients alike.
- Brief, and collaborate with, creative teams to produce cross-channel activations that focus on achieving client success metrics.
- Be a key stakeholder within client relationships, be approachable, collaborative and motivational for clients and Kairos team-members alike.
What you need to know to succeed
As a digital marketing agency that specializes in social media and gaming, it’s imperative that you understand and can demonstrate experience of the following:
- The social media landscape, you stay up to date with the latest platforms and can articulate their differences and opportunities to clients. This includes but is not limited to, Reddit, Discord, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- The gaming industry - a lot of our clients come to us as we’re specialists in the gaming space. Having knowledge of the industry, what’s happening, what’s working, and what isn’t, and being able to impress clients with your expertise will give you a massive advantage.
- Candidates who organically engage with creators on social media and speak confidently about them throughout our interview process will be hugely beneficial.
What we’d like you to bring
- 8-10 years of experience
- A passionate business leader who will help develop our agency in the USA
- Experience building and managing diverse teams
- Comfortable working hands-on with clients, we’re looking for someone who feels equally comfortable building decks as they are directing them.
- Be fluent in key performance indicators across digital marketing strategies.
Our interview process
At Kairos we’re looking for deeply passionate people who want to work with us as much as we want to work with them. Our process focuses on assessing a variety of skill sets and helps both you and us to understand if we’re making the right decision. When we bring someone into the team we want to work with them for years, so the process is particularly important.
Stage One (30 mins)
Let’s get to know each other.
An informal chat, firstly giving you the opportunity to ask questions about the role and find out more about the business, then we’ll ask you three questions.
- Why do you want to work for Kairos?
- Why do you think you’re right for this role?
- What was your biggest challenge and biggest success in your previous role?
Stage Two (One hour - face to face if possible)
Let’s get serious for a second.
An interview in front of two Kairos teammates. This stage will focus on your skillset, and ability to deliver the work and we’ll ask questions about your specific experience aligned to the role. Some questions you may be asked are:
- Thinking about a time when you had a challenging perspective from a client that countered what your data/insights were suggesting, how were you able to address this to achieve a meaningful outcome?
- When it comes to team management, what do you feel is the most important factor when motivating and engaging a team of strategists?
- Tell us about a project that you’ve worked on, what the brief was, what was the process, and what was the outcome.
Stage Three (One hour - face-to-face required, this is a hybrid role)
The Big One
A task and presentation in front of all three people from Stage One & Two. We use this task to understand core competencies:
- Ability to pitch and your professional communication style.
- Ability to create pitch decks / communicate your ideas visually.
- Understanding of data and insights, we’ll provide you the data don’t worry.
The task will present you with one of our existing clients and a previously released product, we’ll ask you the best way to launch the product using social media and influencers. We’re looking for a proposal which answers our questions, shows you feel comfortable in this space, but most importantly leaves us brimming with excitement about working with you.
If you’re not successful at this stage we’ll commit to providing full detailed feedback about your presentation, explaining why we’ve moved forward with someone else.
If you have any questions about this process please feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com
Salary range $100,000-$150,000
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources