Influencer Talent Lead - KT24001TPL
Driving success for Brands and Creators on social media. Kyma Media connects tens of millions of people through their passions across social media, every single day. Our social-native team have spent years building the most-engaged audiences online and we bring this expertise to brands and creators we work with.
If you live and breathe social media, the creator economy and entertainment, Kyma could be perfect for you. Growing at an exceptional pace, the opportunities at Kyma are endless. Kyma is housed under the Kairos Group umbrella, along with our social creative agency Kairos Media, a full-service management agency specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join us!
As an Influencer Talent Lead, you will sit within the Kyma Talent Management, overseeing the running of talent projects and the talent team with a focus on the development of the Kyma Talent roster. You will report to the Kyma Talent Directors and be encouraged to challenge the business and how it runs; suggesting and implementing changes that will have a direct impact on revenue and profitability alongside talent servicing, growth and development.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Influencer Talent Lead to lead our talent team, influencer partnerships and talent management efforts. The ideal candidate will have a strong network within the creator economy, exceptional negotiation skills, and a strategic mindset to elevate our talent management initiatives as well as position themselves in the minds of talent and their respective needs.
A successful candidate for this position will have previously acquired a strong network of talent, be able to showcase successful partnerships and campaigns whilst taking a manager-first approach and be excited to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in alongside a growing talented team.
- Develop and execute talent management strategies in collaboration with client teams to meet campaign and servicing objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with managed talent, content creators, brands, agencies and agents to build a robust talent network across the market.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with talent, ensuring deliverables are met within budget and timeline.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ideate and create innovative influencer campaigns aligned with client objectives, where applicable.
- Stay updated with industry trends, platform changes, and best practices in the creator economy; proposing new initiatives where suitable with a clear rationale to management
- Demonstrating the ability to profile and identify up-and-coming talent in the creator market.
- Tracking ROI and adjusting strategies based on performance metrics across the talent roster, assessing performance and providing solutions for optimizing creator performance.
- Analyse campaign performance and provide insights for optimization and future strategies for the talent roster, keeping up to date with ongoing projects at all times.
- Analyse talent performance and build a predictive model for talent acquisition and prospecting.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of talent managers and executives
- Proven experience within Senior Management talent roles
- A proven track record of successful influencer partnerships and campaign executions.
- A well-connected network of talent, ready to hit the ground running when joining the team.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills to connect with talent and industry
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation and clear communication skills.
- Someone who is prepared to address any potential controversies or issues involving talent.
- Strong commercial understanding of influencer costs and performance dynamics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse data and performance metrics to make data-driven decisions.
- Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves and muck in with the team across campaigns, managing talent and everything in between.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their respective influencer ecosystems.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the influencer marketing landscape and adjust strategies
- Leadership and team management experience
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Ben Allowance - Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Lifeworks giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Access to Vitality Healthcare for health insurance support
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours give you an earlier start for an earlier finish or a later start for a later finish.
- Company away days!
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays
So, planning on being an Influencer Talent Lead? Here’s the plan
Our process focuses on assessing a variety of skill sets and helps you and us to understand if the right decision is made on both sides. When we bring someone into the team we want to work with them for years, so the interview process is particularly important to us.
Stage One (30 mins) with Talent Acquisition.
Let’s get to know each other.
An informal chat with TA, firstly allowing you to ask questions about the role and find out more about the business, then we’ll ask you three or more questions.
- Why do you want to work for Kairos?
- Why do you think you’re right for this role?
- What was your biggest challenge and biggest success in your previous role?
Stage Two (30 minutes - Virtual) (Hiring Manager)
Let’s get serious for a second.
An interview in front of one or sometimes two Kairos teammates. This stage will focus on your skillset, and ability to deliver the work and we’ll ask questions about your specific experience aligned to the role. Some example questions you may be asked are:
- Thinking about a time when you had a challenging perspective from a client that countered what your data/insights were suggesting, how were you able to address this to achieve a meaningful outcome?
- When it comes to team management, what do you feel is the most important factor when motivating and engaging a team of strategists?
- Tell us about a project that you’ve worked on, what was the brief, what was the process, and what was the outcome?
Stage Three (One hour - face-to-face is ideal, this is a hybrid role)
The Big One - Depending on the role and level.
A task and presentation in front of all three people from Stage One & Two. We use this task to understand core competencies:
- Ability to pitch and your professional communication style.
- Ability to create pitch decks / communicate your ideas visually.
- Understanding of your creative ability, we’ll provide you with a cool brief don’t worry.
If you’re not successful at this stage we’ll commit to providing full detailed feedback, explaining why we’ve moved forward with someone else.