Motion Graphics Designer - Manchester
We are Kairos, a collection of award-winning creative agencies, and we're changing the way the next generation view advertising, and discover brands on social media globally. Specialists in influencer marketing, paid social, community management & content production, our creative social agency is one of the largest in the space.
Operating and launching global campaigns from our London HQ, our workforce is now 10x bigger than when we started 5 years ago (still growing. Our people bring success to international clients in a space that many traditional agencies are struggling to navigate and we're now looking for our next player.
The Kairos Group houses our creative social agency: Kairos Media, our owned media agency, Kyma, whose content generates 400M+ views per month... and Turopium; a full-service management agency, specialising in taking a market leading approach to working with talent. We share our offices and ideas, come join the party.
What good are great ideas if they’re brought to life with bad motion graphics?
We’re looking for a Motion Graphic Designer with bold ideas, and attention to detail to match. We want to see passion for motion, and a flair for design, this role is as much about the graphic design as it is about the motion.
For further context we asked our Creative Director three things that he would love this candidate to know:
- Typography. It’s so important in motion graphics and yet so many get it wrong.
- Timing. Everything from the speed of transitions right through to the amount of content on screen and whether a viewer has enough time to take it in.
- What’s going on in the world. I’d love to see someone with a portfolio which shows multiple passions and interests, we don’t want a one trick pony… after all we work across many different industries, and we don’t have space for a pony.
The Kairos Design Team works across a diverse range of clients, from Gaming brands right through to skin care and fashion. One day you might be working on a social asset to bring attention to a brand new product for one of the biggest tech brands in the world, and the next day you’ll be building a case study to talk about how successful that campaign was.
Here’s a breakdown of the requirements for the role in no particular order:
- Understand the audience and the platform where your work will be living. Instagram Stories? No long complicated sentences thank you very much… Case Study? Where’s the data and American voiceover that makes the stress and tears of project delivery just melt away...
- Work with the Creative & Design team to bring ideas to life in a way that solves the challenges within the brief.
- Communicate with the wider business on projects for clients, ask questions, collaborate and solve.
- Storyboard your ideas to bring them to life in a time efficient manner. What was that quote about failing to plan…
- Collaborate with others in the business on visual direction, take on feedback and build motion that is fit for your portfolio.
What we’d love you to know:
- The Adobe Creative Suite - After Effects and Illustrator will be your best friends, but you might also be working across Premier Pro, Photoshop and Indesign.
- The fundamentals of motion design, if someone mentions curves we don’t want you to recoil in horror, but equally expressions might intimidate you a bit. That’s fine we’ll have expertise to help!
- How long work takes you. There’s going to be an element of time management involved in your day to day, so being a good communicator and able to tell us when things are on track and when you need some support will be vital!
Requirements in no particular order:
- Relevant degree would be preferred but not essential.
- 2-3+ Years relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A showreel which leaves us in AWE.
- An understanding of social media and how the platforms work.
- Don’t be a dick. We love team players.
- 20 Days Holiday per year plus a mandatory 10 day block holiday.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Plumm giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days! (Covid royally screwed this but it will return)
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays